books for jee main preparation, Best Books For Jee Mains Preparation 2022 | Best Books For JEE Mains Preparation By Toppers
Student life is filled with various struggles and ups and down!!
Being a student, you have various dreams and aspirations that you want to fulfill. Some students have clarity about what they want to achieve while others get overwhelmed with so many things around them. Having a focus during this phase of life is very important. These are the years that will act as a stepping stone for your future. Many students want to become engineers and land at some good college after school. But, is it everyone’s cup of tea?
The answer is a big NO!!
If you want to follow this path, then you have to cross various hurdles that come your way. And, the very first step towards your goal is JEE exam. There must be tons of questions crossing your mind like “What is JEE?” “How to prepare?” “How to crack JEE?” “How it will help me to achieve my goals?”
Need not worry!!
You have landed at the apt page with this blog and we’ll cover everything that you should know about JEE 2022.
The most important thing is a book that can give you the right guidance and easy-to-understand language, with the help of which you can get good marks in JEE MAINS exam. Let’s first look at the books.
Best Books For Jee Mains Preparation 2022 – List Of Books To Reffer While Prparation of JEE Mains Exam 2022
1. Oswaal Chemistry Topper’s Handbook + JEE (Mains) Solved Papers (2019-2021 All Shifts) (Set Of 6 Books) (For 2022 Exam)
2. Oswaal Chemistry Topper’s Handbook + JEE (Mains) Solved Papers (2019-2021 All Shifts) (Set Of 6 Books) (For 2022 Exam)
3. Oswaal Mathematics Topper’s Handbook + JEE (Mains) Solved Papers (2019-2021 All Shifts) (Set Of 6 Books) (For 2022 Exam)
4. Oswaal Physics Chemistry Mathematics Topper’s Handbook + JEE (Mains) Solved Papers (2019-2021 All Shifts) (Set Of 6 Books) (For 2022 Exam)
Some benefits of studying from Oswaal JEE (Main)’ Solved Papers (Question Bank) 2022 are:
- Chapter-wise and Topic-wise
- Trend Analysis:Chapter-wise
- Latest JEE (Main) Question Papers (Four shifts) 2021- Fully solved
- Previous Years’ (2019-2021)Exam Questions to facilitate focused study
- Mind Maps:A single page snapshot of the entire chapter for longer retention
- Mnemonics to boost memory and confidence
- Oswaal QR Codes:Easy to scan QR codes for online concept based content
- Two SQPs based on the latest pattern
- Tips to crack JEE (Main)
What is JEE Mains Exam? – What Is Meaning of JEE Mains Exam?
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a national level exam conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for the aspirants who want to take admission to undergraduate engineering and architecture courses in India.
Earlier, it was known by the name AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination).
In JEE Mains there are overall two papers in which paper 1 is conducted for taking admissions to B.Tech programs in 31 NITs, 25 IIIT, and 28 GFTIs. Whereas paper 2 is conducted for taking admissions to BArch or BPlan.
Taking the JEE Mains exam is very crucial if you want to pursue your career in engineering. For this year, JEE Mains will be held in April and May sessions. The exact dates are not yet announced by the NTA. But, there are speculations that the dates will be soon released. You can find the details on the official website of NTA.
In addition to that, it is being expected that the JEE Mains 2022 will be held in 4 sessions as it was conducted in the year 2021.
But, there is no concrete information regarding the same. Therefore, you need to stay tuned to the official website of NTA.
So, without wasting any further time let’s deep dive into it and see what JEE Mains 2022 has in store for you and how to prepare for it?
What Qualifications Needs For JEE Mains Exams?
If you have passed class 12th exams or any other equivalent qualifying exams in 2020, 2021, and 2022 then you are eligible to take the JEE Mains exams. If you have been thinking that there is some age limit to take this exam, then you are not at all apt.
You are not bound by any barrier to appear for the JEE Mains 2022!!
If you want to go for B.Tech or B.E paper then you must have studied the following subjects:
- Anyone ( Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject)
On the other hand, if you want to sit for the B.Arch exam then these are the compulsory subjects that you should have studied:
But, if you want to go for B.Plan then only Mathematics is the mandatory subject.
What are the benefits of JEE Mains Exam?
You must be wondering you just want to do engineering then what role does JEE Mains has to play in it? Well, there are various benefits of JEE Mains exams that you must be well-acquainted with before sitting for the exam.
- It acts as a gateway to get admission to some of the renowned colleges in the country
- JEE Mains offer a generic preparation that is very helpful for you to take other engineering entrance exams like BITSAT, VIT, or JEST
- Prepares you to compete with the real world along with the exam pressure
- You get the opportunity to learn the art of managing time
- With JEE Mains you get the real taste of how opting for PCM was a cool decision of your life
Criteria For Jee Mains Examination
To sit for the JEE Mains 2022 exam you need to fill out your application form which will be released in February. You must be well-acquainted with the exam criteria. If you are not aware of it, then it can pose a lot of challenges in your preparation.
The exam criteria for paper 1 and paper 2 will be different for the JEE Mains.
Firstly, let’s deep dive into the exam criteria for paper 1 i.e. for B.Tech admissions.
- This paper will be conducted in computer-based format for 3 hours
- The total marks for the exam will be 300
- You will encounter objective-type and numerical-type questions in the exam among which each subject will have 20 MCQ-type questions and 10 numerical-type questions
- There will be overall 90 questions in the exam out of which 75 needs to be attempted
- For the MCQ-type questions, 4 marks will be awarded for every correct choice and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect choice
- Numerical type questions will have no negative marking and you will be awarded 4 marks for every correct answer
Now, if you are interested to take paper 2 then you need to have a proper eye on its exam criteria as discussed below:
- Planning section for B.Plan and Mathematics and Aptitude for B.Arch will be conducted in the computer-based format
- The drawing test will be conducted in the pen-paper mode
- There will be overall 82 questions in the B.Arch exam and 100 questions in the B.Plan exam
- For the B.Arch exam, you will encounter MCQ-type questions for Mathematics, Aptitude, and Drawing section. In addition to that, you will also have numerical value questions for Mathematics
- On similar grounds, B.Plan will have MCQ-based questions for Mathematics, Aptitude, and Planning. Moreover, Mathematics will also have numerical type questions
- Both of these exams will be conducted for 3 hours for 400 marks
- For MCQ-type questions, you will get 4 marks for correct answers whereas for incorrect answers 1 mark will be deducted.
- Numerical based questions will be awarded 4 marks for correct answers and there will be no negative marking
- There will be 2-questions for the drawing test and they will be evaluated from a total of 100 marks
Selection Process For JEE Mains Exam
JEE exam is conducted in two levels i.e. JEE Mains and JEE Advance. Once you qualify in JEE Mains with high merit then only you are eligible to take the JEE Advance exam for admission to premier institutes.
Many colleges also conduct their internal entrance exam but most of the colleges give you admission based on your JEE Mains exam. Based upon the JEE Mains exam, there will be two types of cut-offs released that will tell you whether you have cracked the exam or not.
Admission cut-off will give the opening and the closing rank to take admission in the participating engineering institutes. Whereas, Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) holds the responsibility to offer the qualifying cut-off during the counseling process.
If your marks lie in the range of cut-off then only you will be allowed to take admissions in the participating engineering institutes. Once your results for JEE Mains 2022 are announced then JoSAA will hold the sole responsibility for seat allocation and admission to engineering institutes.
The counseling for the admissions will be conducted in an online mode.
Approximately 7 rounds of counseling will be conducted to offer admissions into B.Tech/B.E. courses by prestigious NITs, IITs, and GFTIs.
As of now, the NTA has not even released the brochure for the JEE Mains 2022. It will be soon released with the exam dates for JEE Mains on the official website.
With this brochure, you will also come to know whether the minimum requirement of 75% or top 20 percentile in class 12th for board exam is applicable or not for admissions through JEE Mains exam.
Difference between JEE Mains and JEE Advanced?
By now, you must have got a fair idea about JEE Mains. We have been talking about it since the beginning of this blog. But, what is JEE Advance? You must be curious to know if JEE Mains can get you admission to top and premier colleges and what role does JEE Advance has to play?
Whether you are eligible for JEE Advanced or not?
To get an answer to your questions you must know the crystal clear difference between JEE Mains and JEE Advance. Even if you don’t have any idea about it, then have a look below and all your doubts will just shoo away.
- JEE Mains offer you 3 attempts whereas JEE Advance offers you 2 attempts only
- All the candidates with PCM background can sit for JEE Mains whereas only the top 2,50,000 candidates from JEE Mains get the opportunity to sit for JEE Advance
- Many colleges will give you admission after JEE Mains result but the IITs and ISM Dhanbad will only give you admission based on AIR in JEE Advance subject to the condition that the selected candidates fall under the 20 percentile of successful candidates in their board exams
- JEE Mains, as well as Advance, have 2 papers only and you will witness MCQ-questions only
- JEE Mains check your preparedness for engineering courses whereas JEE Advance will check your in-depth knowledge on the topics
These are some of the key differences that you must be familiar with regarding the JEE exam.
What should I do after JEE exam or future scope/ Career options/ Jobs after JEE exam?
Now, you are very convinced about the JEE Main exams. But, do you think it is a good option to go for this exam without knowing its future scope?
It becomes imperative to know what are the career options in front of you once you clear your JEE exam and complete your 4-year undergraduate program in engineering.
Let’s have a look at some of the great career opportunities that will offer you a prosperous future.
1. Higher studies
After completing your graduation in engineering, you can seek admission in Master’s programs like M.Tech, MIS, or MS. These options will open the door in the field of research and development.
To take admission in this course, you need to crack the GATE exam.
2. Data Scientist
Data Scientist is one of the most growing fields. Not only it is growing, but it is also offering a great pay scale. Once you are done with your graduation you can opt for this field in the IT industry.
This job role primarily deals with the technologies like Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
3. Management related career
Many students take admission to B schools after completing their graduation in engineering.
MBA is one of the most popular choices for students after completing their B.Tech. MBA allows you to train yourself in the art of business organization and management.
4. PSU jobs
If you want to strive more in your life the PSU jobs are the ultimate things for you. Public Sector Unit companies or PSU are the bodies that are partially or completely owned by the government.
If you get a job in these companies then it will not only secure your job but will even offer you great monetary benefits. Some of the prominent names in PSU are BHEL, SAIL, HAL, and IOCL.
5. Civil services
Civil services are one of the most respectable professions in the country. If you want to pursue it after engineering graduation, then also you can prepare for it and excel.
This profession is not only a future scope for engineers but students from any background can opt for this profession. It has great prospects.
Is JEE the same as IIT?
Most of the time you might have heard some of your friends saying “I will clear IIT” then you might have wondered are JEE and IIT the same? Both of these terms are interchangeably used by the students. But, these terms are not at all same.
No doubt, both of them are interrelated but still, they are different. JEE is the entrance exam that acts as a gateway to prestigious institutes like IITs.
Whereas IIT is the institute where students get admission after cracking their JEE exams.
So, there is a fine line between both of them and you need to understand it wisely.
Minimum job salary after JEE exam
Many students opt for engineering out of passion while others want to pursue it to achieve various benefits that JEE will offer in the future. Among all the benefits getting a handsome salary is one of the most luring benefits of engineering.
You will be fascinated to know about the minimum salary that you can expect after JEE exam.
You can expect a package of about 25-40LPA if you get admission to the top-notch college with the top-notch branch. On the other hand, if you are in IIIT or GFTI then also you can expect an average package of 8-12 LPA.
But, you should get the proper clarity that getting into these renowned institutes will not be the sole reason behind offering you great placements. You have to be consistent throughout your engineering and then only you can grab such packages.
So, never have this misconception that clearing JEE is a guaranteed ticket to a great package for the future. It all depends upon your hard work therefore make the most out of it.
How to prepare For Jee Mains Exam?
NTA has not yet announced the exact dates for the JEE Mains 2022 but as per the reports it will be conducted in April and May. So, there is only a handful of months left for the preparation. You need to pull up your socks and divert your focus towards your prime goal.
Now, here comes the frightening question: “How to prepare for JEE Mains 2022?”
Need not panic!! Take a deep breath and find below some of the amazing tips to enhance your preparation for the upcoming JEE Mains 2022.
1. Have proper acquaintance with syllabus
JEE Mains exam primarily focuses on the PCM syllabus of classes 11 and 12. In addition to this syllabus, there are some advanced topics as well that needs to be covered for JEE Mains.
You should be familiar with every topic that you will encounter in the JEE Mains. NTA publishes the descriptive syllabus for JEE Mains that you need to follow.
So, start your preparation by having a proper analysis of the syllabus.
2. Exam pattern: A must to know
While preparing for the JEE Mains exam, make sure that you know about the exam pattern. You will have to be very cautious about the pattern because in JEE Mains if you are getting 4 marks for every correct answer then 1 mark will be deducted for the incorrect answer.
If you don’t pay proper heed to the pattern then you will face a lot of difficulty on the day of the exam.
3. Have a meticulous study plan
Most of the students think that NCERT books are not at all good for the JEE Mains preparation. But, you are surely mistaken!! They will help to clear your basic concepts and then only you can shift to some other good books.
While preparing the study plan, divide equal time for each subject. Take proper breaks after every study session so you don’t feel stressed. Also, make sure that you devote a little extra time to the topics you find difficulty in while giving some less time to the topics you are good at.
4. Practice is the key to success
To excel in the JEE Mains exam, you need to have ultimate practice.
While you practice from the practice papers, you will come to know about the areas where you are lacking. This will allow you to have more emphasis on those areas in the remaining time.
In addition to that, when you practice from the previous year’s papers or some other papers, you will encounter some of the highly likely topics or questions that you should never miss.
This will make your preparation even stronger for D-day.
5. Manage your time well
While preparing for the JEE Mains exam, don’t forget that you also need to clear your board exams. Divide your entire time in such a way that you get sufficient time for JEE Mains as well as board preparation.
Moreover, when you solve practice papers, solve them in exam-like conditions in a time-bound fashion. This will help you come across whether you can complete the exam in time or not.
So, you get the opportunity to work upon your speed and accuracy in the remaining time.
FAQ’s – JEE Mains 2022 Best Books To Read
1. How many attempts will the candidate gets in JEE Mains 2022?
Ans – Students will get two attempts for JEE Mains 2022 instead of four attempts that were given in 2021. In 2021, JEE Mains was conducted 4 times due to the rise in the COVID-19 cases in the country. But, now the condition is under control and everything is getting normalized so 2 attempts will be beneficial for the students.
2. Can we apply for more than 1 JEE Mains exam session together?
Ans.- Yes, you can apply for more than 1 session together in JEE Mains. You need to pay the fee according to the sessions selected for the JEE Mains exam.
3. When will NTA release JEE Main 2022 Application form?
Ans – NTA is expected to release the JEE Main 2022 application form by the end of February. As the dates for board exams for almost every board are announced, it is being expected that the application form will be released soon.
Moreover, the last date for submission of the application form will also be released with the application form. So, keep on checking the official website.
4. Will JEE Mains 2022 be held 4 times?
Ans – No, JEE Mains 2022 will be held 2 times this year. The exact details of the JEE Mains will be disclosed with the brochure that will be soon released on the official website.
Best books for JEE Mains and Advanced, Books recommended by IIT professors, best books for JEE Mains by toppers, Books recommended by IIT toppers for Organic Chemistry, Best books for JEE Advanced by toppers, Toughest books for JEE Advanced, Best books for JEE by toppers quora, JEE Guide book, JEE Main books, NCERT books for JEE Mains, Best books for IIT JEE preparation, Best books for JEE Mains and Advanced, Best books for JEE Mains by toppers, Chemistry books for JEE, JEE books recommended by IIT toppers, books for jee main preparation, Best books for JEE Mains 2022